“The Fine Print” Martin Painting, 640 Ragland Rd, Longview, WA 98632
- The customer is responsible for selection and approval of all paint colors. Should the customer
wish to change colors, some costs will be incurred to cover time and material.
- The owner agrees to pay Martin Painting the normal selling price for all additions, alterations, or
deviations. No additional work will be done without prior authorization of the owner. Any
additional work will become a part the contract; it is agreed that all terms and conditions of this
contract will apply equally to additional work.
- On jobs priced between $6,000 and $10,000, a partial payment of one half of the total
itemized quote is due when the job is 50% complete. Jobs priced above $10,000 will have partial
payments of $5,000 each. Martin Painting will have the right to stop working if installment payments are
not made. If any payments are not made to Martin Painting when due, the owner will pay Martin Painting an
additional charge of 10% of the bid price, plus interest at the legal rate.
- Martin Painting agrees to complete the work in a professional manner but is not responsible for failures
or defects that result from work done by others prior to, at the time of, or after work done under
this agreement. Martin Painting will not be responsible for any damage caused by the owner or the
owner’s representatives, windstorm, natural disaster, or other causes beyond our control,
unless otherwise specified or unless otherwise obligated by these terms to provide insurance
against such hazards.
- The time during which Martin Painting is delayed in work by the acts of the owner or his representatives
or employees or those claiming to have an agreement with or authority of the owner, or by natural
disaster which we could not have reasonably foreseen and provided against, or by stormy or
inclement weather which delays the work and which are beyond our control and which we can not
reasonably overcome, or by extra work requested by the owner, or by failure of the owner to
promptly pay for any work as authorized, will be added to the time for completion by a fair and
- Martin Painting is licensed, bonded and insured with $500,000.00 in public liability insurance necessary for the protection
of the owner and his property during the progress of the work. We have never had to actually use any form of insurance.
The customer agrees to limit any
liability claim and recovery for damages due to our negligence to policy limits and will accept any
mutually agreeable settlement within these limits as satisfaction of all claims.
- The owner agrees to procure at his own expense, prior to the commencement of any work, fire
insurance and to insure against all physical loss and vandalism and malicious mischief. Martin Painting
is not liable for damage caused by children or pets.
- Any controversy or claim concerning this contract will be settled by arbitration in accordance with
the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment in any court having
- Should either party bring suit in court to enforce the terms of this agreement, any judgment
awarded will include court costs and reasonable attorney fees to the successful party plus interest
at the legal rate.
- Martin Painting will be entitled to prompt payment in full when the work described in this contract has
been performed. Martin Painting is not obligated to do any work, or perform any service, except as
expressly provided in this agreement. If, after Martin Painting has declared the work completed, the
owner claims that work still needs to be done, the owner agrees to make prompt payment of the full
contract bid price less only the amount needed to hire a competent tradesman and purchase the
material needed to complete the work claimed yet to be done by the owner, until the issue is
- The owner agrees to provide electric service and water necessary to properly complete our
- Martin Painting is not responsible for labor or materials not specified in our contract.
- No action concerning or related to this contract or its performance may be initiated by either
party against the other after more than five years from the completion or cessation of our work.
This limitation applies to every conceivable legal action.
- Work is considered acceptable upon payment.
Lon’s cell phone: (503) 726-8605. Limited hours.
CCB License# 185641
No longer taking on new jobs.
©1999–2019 Martin Painting LLC. All rights reserved.